Conference Awards Guidelines
The JITMM Virtual 2021 Organizing Committee will provide Conference Awards to deserving applicants wishing to attend or present (oral or e-poster) at the conference.
Who are eligible?
- Early-career researchers (graduate and post-graduate level up to 8 years post-PhD)
- Researchers from low and middle-income countries (LMICs), as defined by World Bank
- Students (currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program)
- Create an account
- Register for ‘Conference Awards’
- Conference Awards has 2 categories: Participant or Presenter
- For Participants, upload a 300-word essay on why you want to attend JITMM Virtual 2021 and why you deserve the Conference Award.
- For Presenters, submit an abstract through the online submission system. Presenters may select the presentation type (oral or e-poster) for their abstract. However, it is the Review Committee that will determine the presentation type of the submitted abstracts.
- Upload the following required document:
- For early-career researchers- a copy of a graduation certificate or proof that you graduated with an M.Sc., Ph.D., or MD. within the last 8 years
- For researchers from LMICs- a letter of support from your organization or institution (signed and on organizational letterhead)
- For students- a letter from your institute to prove your student status
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and submit the required document
- Awardees will be selected based on the quality and relevance of their submitted abstract
- Selection will be carried out by the JITMM Scientific Committee
- Waived registration for all three days of JITMM Virtual 2020
- Application Deadline – 30 September 2021
- Notice of Award – 15 November 2021
Responsibilities of Awardees
- Delivery of an oral or e-poster presentation based on the submitted abstract (for Presenters)
- Attendance of the full 3 days of JITMM Virtual 2020
- Submission of a brief (1 page) conference report highlighting your experience attending or presenting at JITMM Virtual 2020. The submission deadline is 10 January 2021.